RC Model Tracking & Recovery
Protect the investment you’ve made in your drone – never lose it to a fly-away again! Marco Polo is the best solution available for tracking and recovering lost equipment. Its light weight, long range and ease of use make Marco Polo the ideal solution for protecting your RC airplane, sailplane, helicopter or multi-rotor aircraft from loss.
- Light weight – .42 oz (12 g)
- Range up to 2 miles
- Highly accurate, locate within inches
- Long battery life, up to 30 days
- Simple to use – press one button to track your model
- Place the addressable Marco Polo tag into your aircraft (make sure it is charged)
- If your model goes missing turn on “tracking” mode to search for the tag
- Follow the directional arrow and signal strength indication on the locator.
- Low initial system cost
- NO monthly cellular fees or batteries to replace
- Purchase additional tag transceivers to protect more models (max. 3 per system)
System Radio Frequency Operational Specs.
- Method – Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) 50 Channels
- Band: ISM 902.5 Mhz. – 906.5 Mhz.
- License Requirements: ISM/unlicensed, operates under FCC Part 15 Section 247
- Modulation: FSK
- Single Frequency Dwell Time: 50 msec. once every 4 mins.
- Transmit Power: 250 mW
- Receiver Sensitivity: -125 dBm
- Communications Coding: Data coding and forward error correction allow the system to operate with a BER as low as 1:10, significantly improving overall system range.
- Line of sight: up to 2 miles typical
- Open terrain, rolling hills with few obstructions: up to .5 – 1 mile
- Dense suburban areas: 2,000 ft. typical
† Ranges shown are typical under controlled testing. Your results will vary with your actual conditions.
- Up to 3 transceiver tags per Locator
- Internal audible alarm
- External siren alarm (optional)
- External auto dialer (optional – requires telco landline)
Locator Physical Specifications
- Height: 6 in. (152 mm)
- Width: 3.5 in. (90 mm)
- Depth: 1.5 in. (44 mm)
- Weight: 7.8 oz. (221 g)
Locator Battery and Charge Capacity†
- Rechargeable Li•ion battery (included)
- 3 days when in continuous tracking mode
- 8 hours in searching mode
- 3 days in monitor mode
† Battery charge life values shown are typical. Your experience may vary with your actual use, battery age and ambient temperature.
- Light rain
Tag Physical Specifications
- Height: 2 in. (64 mm)
- Width: .63 in. (16 mm)
- Depth: .5 in. (12.7 mm)
- Weight: .42 oz. (12 g)
Tag Battery and Charge Capacity†
- Rechargeable Li•ion battery, included (non-user serviceable)
- 10 days idle mode
- 3 days tracking mode30 days monitor mode
† Battery charge life values shown are typical. Your experience may vary with your actual use.